Schneider Electric ™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operating systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us provide solutions that ensure that life is active everywhere, for everyone, every time.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The EMEA Marketing Manager is a strategic thinker and skilled collaborator, who will play a major role in the management, planning and execution of daily projects and various marketing campaigns for the Energy and Sustainability Services (ESS) business in EMEA. The individual will plan go-to-market strategies, develop marketing materials and support activities throughout the marketing and sales funnel. They will work closely with our sales, customer management and operational teams to conduct value-added activities ranging from thought leadership development, event management, lead generation, support to sales, continuous improvement and measurement of the resulting revenue / influence generation.
- Marketing and sales activation planning: Monitor, analyze and evaluate market trends, consumer behavior and competitor activity to identify opportunities for market penetration; adjust and improve marketing strategy and plans to respond to changing markets and competitive conditions. Identify and understand customer needs and requirements, position our current and future offerings to meet these customer challenges. Create effective and compelling positioning, messaging, and sales tools that are understood and used. Help the company to build compelling and specific value propositions and offers for the local market, adapted to a company in high growth mode.
- Program execution: Manage all aspects of marketing projects and digital marketing activity: meeting deadlines, contingency planning, stakeholder management, approval channels and procedures, budgeting and campaign information. Oversee and develop all event activities – organized and third party events – to support customer engagement and business growth goals. Be flexible and agile enough to quickly rotate tactics as needed for better results and better impact for the business.
- Measurements and information: Measure and track everything. Apply a test and learn approach to all marketing activities. Analyze existing data and historical trends to understand what works best and work with stakeholders on what to change, using campaign-specific analysis and insights, audience segmentation, multi-channel monitoring to stimulate the desired customer behavior.
- Stakeholder collaboration: Constant interaction with internal / external stakeholders to ensure fast and flawless execution of all marketing activities: collecting partner requirements, producing marketing and sales support assets and identifying / resolving ongoing issues of road. Create detailed, multi-quarter marketing roadmaps for critical launches and campaigns, and coordinate deployment with other members of the marketing team.
Essential skills, qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience, with experience in creating value and innovating in previous marketing roles
- Experience and interest in energy or sustainability industries highly preferred. Candidates with specific experience and knowledge of pan-European energy markets will be given priority consideration.
- Strong experience with marketing automation platforms, data and other advanced marketing technologies to support sales activation in a B2B environment. Demonstrated ability to drive GTM strategies, synthesize complex topics, create compelling value propositions and sales tools. Drafting and presentation samples should be provided.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher). Advanced PowerPoint skills desired.
- Intermediate skills of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere), WordPress, Basic HTML
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, with experience using workflow management platforms like Monday.com and Teams
- Preferred location: London, England or Budapest, Hungary. Other locations in the EMEA region will be considered for the right candidate.
- Personal qualities such as: autonomous, passionate, collaborative, influential, persevering, reliable, direct, curious and creative.
We seek out and reward people who are direct, open, passionate, effective and challenge the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen to be of real value to the company. We are looking for people who are passionate about success, at work and beyond. Find out what our employees have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us know you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until it is filled.
Schneider Electric’s policy is to offer equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruitment, hiring, training, transfer and promotion of all qualified people regardless of race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law.
Schneider Electric is an affirmative action and equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status and will not will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.